Logistics Co-ordinator, Sheffield
This exciting opportunity organises the movement of multi modal cargo worldwide. You will organise imports, exports, cross trades and domestic movement of cargo by any mode of transport, air, sea and road, including handling of out of gauge cargo / abnormal loads and project cargo logistics (Operations).
Your role will involve calculating and supplying competitive quotations to existing and potential domestic / international customers for all transport modes and routes; negotiating with carriers regarding specific rates, space availability, container and transport load planning; arranging collections and deliveries using designated agents; arranging maritime insurance; project planning; providing advice to customers regarding port imports controls, IPR, CFSP, etc. You will work regularly with the documentation team to advise on demurrage charges and liaise with customs for clearances using chief and NES entries.
This role handles all aspects of multi modal traffic so in order to apply you will have had exposure to freight forwarding from air/sea or road freight. You will be offered training in the freight modes in which you do not have experience, as long as you have handled freight movements from one discipline.
This role is based in Sheffield.
Experience and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) minimum grade C, including Maths and English
- Freight industry qualification if appropriate
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Competent knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
The benefits of working for Denholm Global Logistics include:
- Attractive remuneration with company pension
- 22 days holiday + benefits
- Private healthcare after a qualifying period
- Work with a leading freight group
- Gain first hand operational experience in project and OOG/abnormal cargo handling
- UK and overseas travel, if required
To apply for the Logistics Co-ordinator role, please complete and submit the form below.